Thursday 20 November 2008

Filming.

Last night I went to do my filming for my documentary.
I used two cameras, and two tapes so I now have 2 hours of film...

The main things which I filmed were interviews of the band, and the band rehearsing.
I also filmed some of the street outside, and an alley way leading up to the rehearsal studio which was covered in graffiti.

During filming I found out that documentaries can't be planned at all (well the plans can't be relied on) because it relies so much on the events at the time.

For example, having never met the band a as a whole before, I had planned to interview all the members seperately, and make the main focus of the documentary the interviews, with small intercutting of the rehearsing scenes.
However, when I went to film I found that the band interracting much better all together, so I ended up filming them all together... This was a good change because it allowed a bit of humour from the band members, however it also means that I might now have to change the focus of my documentary from interview- based, to an even mix of rehearsing/ interview because the same 4 people talking for 3-5 minutes almost continuously might get boring...

No comments: